Jun 29, 2007

dear isaiah washington;


you gotta be kidding me.

i mean, are you REALLY going to go to newsweek and tell them you got fired because you're black? really?

think about it a little more before you answer.

you strangled patrick dempsey. ( "Patrick and I had a philosophical disagreement that got out of hand and that I regret a great deal.")

then you called costar t.r. knight a "faggot."

("I said a lot of negative things that were never reported, but there was one word that caught everyone’s attention, particularly someone who wasn’t even in the room with us. It was a fight between two men that shouldn’t have happened. But someone heard the booming voice of a black man and got really scared and that was the beginning of the end for me.")

later, you deny every having said it.

then, when you get fired, you say they should have fired the other guy--the guy you insulted. who didn't do anything.

and so now, you say this is all a race issue?

"If a black man can’t get forgiveness in this country, when so many other people like Robert Downey Jr. and the governor of California get second and third chances … I think that says a lot about race and this country where we stand."

are you for real?

"Well, it didn’t help me on the set that I was a black man who wasn’t a mush-mouth Negro walking around with his head in his hands all the time. I didn’t speak like I’d just left the plantation and that can be a problem for people sometime...Some people were afraid of me around the studio. I asked her why, because I’m a 6-foot-1, black man with dark skin and who doesn’t go around saying ‘Yessah, massa sir’ and ‘No sir, massa’ to everyone?"

yeah, you're right. we still expect black people to never look us in the face and say "yes massah."

are you trying to kill your career?

just asking. don't get mad...

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?